We can’t stress this enough ~ What’s under the dress is JUST as important as the dress itself. What exactly are we talking about? Undergarments, ladies! And yes, this goes for you too! No matter your shape, figure, height, bust size, waist size, hip size, or slender…. having the proper undergarments will help achieve a flawless fit for your special day!
Scary but true: The wrong undergarments can totally ruin the look of your gorgeous wedding gown. Shopping for undergarments might not be as exciting as finding your dream dress, but don’t overlook the importance of these foundation pieces – they are called that for a reason! Stakes are high when it comes to bridal fashion — the last things you want are any visible straps, sagging, lumps, bumps, or lines.
At Ve’Lace Bridal, we offer a variety of foundation pieces that will allow you to achieve the right fit. Your bridal consultant is an expert in this field and will help you decide when and what to buy!
Undergarments can mean any of the following:
- If you want to look the best on your BIG DAY, aside from the wedding dress itself, consider a petticoat—a wedding accessory is one more thing you need to pay attention to. But, it seems that many brides may neglect it. Actually, a good petticoat can add an elegant and full appearance to the bridal dress. It can even make a normal simple wedding dress look noble and classy. It is used to adjust the shape of wedding dress and can hold the wedding dress out in a pleasingly domed shape and give the impression of a smaller waist. It truly displays the skirt of your dress much better than without it. Based on the silhouette of the gown different petticoats can be used.
- When our brides select a wedding dress from us it is our job as her bridal consultant to help choose the right petticoat for the dress.
- Choosing to wear a control slip that features a no show waistband allows for a smooth silhouette. Control slips typically offer an inner control panel to minimize the mid-section and smooth out any lines, lumps, or bumps.
- Your bridal consultant will inform you whether your gown would match best with a control slip versus a petticoat.
- Otherwise known as longline bras or corsets, bustiers will help cinch in your waist while also supporting your bust. Many corsets and bustiers have boning to create extra support. This will assist in preventing you from spending the entire day pulling your dress up, which isn’t the most elegant way to spend your wedding day.
- When trying on different bras underneath your wedding dress, the most important thing to consider is whether your bust is sufficiently supported. Your bridal consultant will ensure that you choose the proper bustier that fits well underneath your dress and is comfortable enough to be in for a full day.
- At Ve’Lace Bridal we like to refer to bra cups as “cupcakes” or “chicken cutlets”. Bra cups are a great way to enhance your bust by adding some umph to what your momma gave you. Bra cup inserts give your bust a boost and cleavage. Keep in mind that there are bustiers that offer cup inserts to also enhance your bust. Bra cups can be purchased with or without a gel insert.
- When shopping for undergarments it is most definitely our job to assist you in determining whether or not your natural bust size would require more support than cups alone. Remember that bra cups do not work for everyone. This will depend on how large your bust is.