Pretty ladies, let’s start this post with some helpful background information about buying wedding gowns. We can’t give away all our secrets, silly, but we can explain a little bit about how we work and our selling philosophy here at Ve’Lace Bridal.
At our bridal boutique, we sell gowns two ways:
1. You can order it, or
2. You can buy it off the rack.
When you order a dress you usually need 4-6 months. We do have some designers that offer rush options for additional rush fees.
But sometimes brides don’t have that much time to wait. Or, they just want to take care of that purchase that day and not wait for their dress to arrive. Other brides just want to save money! In that case, we can sell a wedding dress off the rack. That means you buy the sample we have in stock. There are definitely pluses and minuses to doing this, so let’s list a few.
- You take it home that day–no more shopping around, no waiting for it to come in, no worries about it arriving before your wedding date
- You can get a discount on the price, depending on the state of the dress. Discontinued dresses will get you a bigger discount because we can’t reorder it, so we need to sell the sample!
- You can still have it altered to fit you; in many cases, you can take a dress in, or out, so the dress you pick doesn’t have to be your exact size (that means more options for you when you’re wedding dress shopping!)
- Ummm… Sometimes they have been tried on before.
Yep, I think that’s it. In a bridal boutique like Ve’Lace, we don’t have hundreds of women trying on the same dress, and we get in new inventory all the time, so there’s a good chance it hasn’t been put through the ringer.
So, you may be asking, why would we sell a wedding dress off the rack? Well, twice a year wedding dress designers come out with new lines. And twice a year we have to purchase new dresses from their new collections. From each designer we carry. That’s a lot of dresses. Plus we love shopping for our brides so we often buy between collections even. So if you want to take home something on the floor, we’re thrilled because that gives us room for new stock.
As promised, then, here are some helpful tips for buy your wedding dress off the rack:
- A dress too big can always be taken in!
- If you’re buying a dress that’s too small, make sure it can be let out enough! We can help decide.
- Check the gown over carefully before buying.
- If you want to make a lot of changes to the dress, talk to our tailor first, to make sure it’s possible.
Now, with all this being said – we are pleased to announce that we are having a HUGE off rack sale! Starting at just $99 – we can save you a TON of money on a wedding gown! Call us for an appointment and let us know you’re interested in viewing the off rack gowns 508-966-0091.